Vijay’s upcoming film Mersal has run into rough weather in Tamil Nadu. A day after the film’s teaser went viral and smashed several records on Youtube, a petitioner named Rajendra approached the Madras High Court alleging that the makers of ‘Mersal’ have used his film’s title ‘Mersalayiten’.
The Madras High Court has issued a stay order on the usage of the title ‘Mersal’ until October 3, when the case will be up for hearing. It remains to be seen if the court rules in favour of Vijay’s film, which has already become the most awaited Tamil film of the year.
Directed by Atlee, the film stars Vijay in triple roles, along with Samantha, Kajal, and Nithya Menen. AR Rahman has scored the music.
- Poll : Who among these will win Bigg Boss 2?
- Savyasachi’s shoot to be wrapped up soon
- Nag made Bollywood starlet’s work easy on Devadas’ sets
- Allu Arjun’s film with star director back in the news
- Young director’s first impression on NTR’s new song stuns fans