Vijay’s upcoming film Mersal has run into rough weather in Tamil Nadu. A day after the film’s teaser went viral and smashed several records on Youtube, a petitioner named Rajendra approached the Madras High Court alleging that the makers of ‘Mersal’ have used his film’s title ‘Mersalayiten’.
The Madras High Court has issued a stay order on the usage of the title ‘Mersal’ until October 3, when the case will be up for hearing. It remains to be seen if the court rules in favour of Vijay’s film, which has already become the most awaited Tamil film of the year.
Directed by Atlee, the film stars Vijay in triple roles, along with Samantha, Kajal, and Nithya Menen. AR Rahman has scored the music.
- Young Bollywood hero’s wish to act with Allu Arjun
- Maharshi’s interval scenes underway in Hyderabad
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties