Vijay’s upcoming film Mersal has run into rough weather in Tamil Nadu. A day after the film’s teaser went viral and smashed several records on Youtube, a petitioner named Rajendra approached the Madras High Court alleging that the makers of ‘Mersal’ have used his film’s title ‘Mersalayiten’.
The Madras High Court has issued a stay order on the usage of the title ‘Mersal’ until October 3, when the case will be up for hearing. It remains to be seen if the court rules in favour of Vijay’s film, which has already become the most awaited Tamil film of the year.
Directed by Atlee, the film stars Vijay in triple roles, along with Samantha, Kajal, and Nithya Menen. AR Rahman has scored the music.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nithiin reveals the six most important people in his life
- I’ve seen Bheeshma and it’s very good: Trivikram
- Rashmika has a crush on this actor
- Dhanush’s ‘Local Boy’ gears up for release
- Vijay’s co-star slays it on the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week
- After Lust Stories, Kiara to feature in yet another web-series