Mahanati, the blockbuster biopic on the illustrious life and legacy of legendary yesteryear heroine Savithri, has bagged a special honor at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne. The film has been awarded ‘Equality in Cinema’ award at the ongoing festival.
Released in summer, Mahanati had happening young heroine Keerthy Suresh reprising Savithri’s role. She had given the most defining performance of her career. The film was directed by Nag Ashwin and produced by Swapna and Priyanka Dutt. Dulquer Salmaan, Samanth and Vijay Deverakonda were seen in crucial roles in the movie.
- Young hero’s appreciable gesture for cyclone victims
- NTR dedicates Aravindha’s success to his father
- Young beauty adopts a government school
- Nagarjuna wraps up Brahmastra shoot in London
- Sarkar’s Hindi satellite rights deal sets a non-Baahubali record