Superstar Mahesh Babu’s silver jubilee film, Maharshi, released on May 9 to average to mixed reviews. While critics had given a thumbs down, fans and family audiences lapped up the movie and made the film a huge blockbuster.
Now, as per the latest trade updates, Maharshi collected a distributor share of Rs 11.77 crore in Uttarandhra and emerged all-time fourth highest grossing Telugu movie in the region. Maharshi is next only to Baahubali 2, Rangasthalam and Khaidi No 150 in Uttarandhra.
On the other hand, Maharshi has already turned out to be the all-time fourth highest Tollywood grosser worldwide, after Baahubali 2, Baahubali and Rangasthalam. Needless to say, the film’s performance, despite the underwhelming reviews, has stunned everyone.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Deverakonda to team up with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for his first straight Bollywood film
- Chiranjeevi worried about comparisons with Rajinikanth
- Varun Tej’s Boxer gets a date for its next schedule
- Chiranjeevi reveals why Sujeeth was replaced for Lucifer remake
- Sonu Sood’s jaw-dropping number of people he helped during lockdown
- Empower the Silence: Anushka’s message ahead of Nishabdham’s release