Amid high expectations, Superstar Mahesh Babu’s landmark silver jubilee film, Maharshi, released worldwide yesterday and took the box-office by storm. The film is breaking several non-Baahubali 2 opening records in the twin Telugu states and other key centres in India.
In East Godavari district, Maharshi, on its day one, collected a theatrical share of Rs 3.22 crore. The film has beaten Mahesh’s previous best Bharat Ane Nenu (Rs 3.21 Cr) and also stood at the 4th spot in the list of all time highest day one grossers in the East Godavari region, after Baahubali 2, Katamarayudu and Khaidi No 150.
On the other hand, in West Godavari district, Maharshi collected Rs 2.46 crore share on its opening day. This is the best opening day collection in Mahesh’s career, beating Bharat Ane Nenu’s Rs 1.84 crore by miles. Trade circles are predicting that Maharshi will go on to utilize the summer holiday advantage and pack a punch at the box-offices in the twin Godavari districts in the coming days.
Articles that might interest you:
- Juicy info on Prabhas-Pooja Hegde’s Radhe Shyam
- Team KGF 2 in big tension – Here’s why
- Legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam critical
- Prashanth Neel’s special request to NTR
- Case filed against Kathi Mahesh- Sent to Jail
- Exclusive Interview : Kaumudi Nemani – Mahesh sir has a terrific sense of humor