Manchu Manoj’s latest film Okkadu Migiladu has been facing numerous hurdles in the run up to its release. First, the film’s release got postponed due to VFX delay, and then, there was a severe crunch for theatres when they decided to release the film on November 10.
Manoj himself expressed his anguish about how tough it is for small film producers to find theatres, and he also suggested that sometimes people in the industry are favouring dubbed films instead of experimental films in Telugu. Now, in yet another twist to the story, a Congress leader remarked that they would protest against the film if it shows Rajiv Gandhi in a negative light. He made these remarks since the film revolves around refugees who fled Sri Lanka, and Manoj’s role is modelled on the lines of former LTTE Chief Prabhakaran.
Reacting strongly to the latest controversy surrounding the film, Manchu Manoj took to Twitter saying, “Are freedom of speech & expression are just existing for namesake in India? My director @itsAjayAndrews & team #OkkaduMigiladu has been facing a number of hurdles since the beginning. Please let us breathe🙏🙏🙏.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Rakul Preet and Lakshmi Manchu killing it with their fitness routine
- Noted actor files complaint against harassment in Sushanth’s case
- Vijay’s special gesture towards Mahesh-Takes up a special challenge
- RGV tests Corona positive-His lawyer confirms
- Deepthi Sunaina trying hard to gain attention
- Dual feast confirmed for Chiru’s birthday