The splendid theatrical trailer for the upcoming Bollywood sci-fi thriller, Mission Mangal, was launched yesterday. The film is based on the Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO) Mangalyaan or Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), a landmark event that placed India alongside the world’s superpowers in space research.
Speaking at Mission Mangal’s trailer launch event, the film’s hero Akshay Kumar made an interesting comment about MOM and his last year’s blockbuster, 2.0. “Mangalyaan’s budget was only Rs 450 crores, whereas NASA spent more than Rs 6,000 crores for American Maven Orbiter. In fact, the budget for my film 2.0 was Rs 500 crores. We are so proud (of ISRO),” Akshay said.
Directed by Jagan Shakti, Mission Mangal also has Vidya Balan, Sonakshi Sinha and Nithya Menen in lead roles. The film is slated to release on August 15.
Articles that might interest you:
- Noted producer RR Venkat passes away
- Manchu Vishnu: Chiranjeevi will vote for me
- Photo Moment: Prabhas spotted with his Laxman on Adipurush’s set
- RRR’s release date announcement on the way?
- Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha postponed; Here’s the new release date
- Pawan’s Republic speech: Film Chamber thanks AP, TS govts