Over the past few months, the Censor Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has been constantly facing the wrath of filmmakers and intellectuals for allegedly acting like a government’s mouthpiece. Several free thinkers and artistes have strongly condemned this state’s invasion of freedom of expression.
Joining the list now is the legendary auteur Mani Ratnam. Speaking at the 8th edition of Bangalore International Film Festival, Mani Ratnam said, “The party in power often misuses CBFC as a tool to push its political agenda, which results in extra-Constitutional authorities dictating terms”.
The master director continues saying, “CBFC is not independent as desired. It is towing the line of ruling party in power,” and recollected his forgettable experiences with CBFC during the release of his yesteryear classics Bombay and Iruvar.
- Ajith gets into action mode
- Nabha Natesh confident about her Tollywood career
- Balayya to join hands with a young director?
- Exciting finale set up for Bigg Boss 2
- Ram Charan responds to honor killing incident in Miryalaguda