Over the past few months, the Censor Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has been constantly facing the wrath of filmmakers and intellectuals for allegedly acting like a government’s mouthpiece. Several free thinkers and artistes have strongly condemned this state’s invasion of freedom of expression.
Joining the list now is the legendary auteur Mani Ratnam. Speaking at the 8th edition of Bangalore International Film Festival, Mani Ratnam said, “The party in power often misuses CBFC as a tool to push its political agenda, which results in extra-Constitutional authorities dictating terms”.
The master director continues saying, “CBFC is not independent as desired. It is towing the line of ruling party in power,” and recollected his forgettable experiences with CBFC during the release of his yesteryear classics Bombay and Iruvar.
- Latest update on Balakrishna-VV Vinayak film
- Sukumar to have a busy year with 4 projects
- Allu Arjun fulfills his wife’s wish this Sankranthi
- Venkatesh scores his 2nd $1M with F2; Rajini his 4th $2M with Petta
- Anil Ravipudi becomes hot property in Tollywood