Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam has had quite a tough time finalising the cast for his next film after OK Bangaram. Last year, the veteran filmmaker planned a revenge drama featuring Karthi, Dulquer Salmaan, Nitya Menen and Keerthy Suresh. However, unavailability of the actors’ dates delayed the film, which eventually led to Mani shelving the film.
Now, Mani will be commencing a romantic drama starring Karthi and Sai Pallavi from June. In his latest interview, Rana Daggubati revealed that he and Naga Chaitanya have been approached by Mani Ratnam. Rana also said that the talks are in the initial stages. It will indeed be a surprising casting coup, if the project materializes eventually.
Articles that might interest you:
- Charan’s shoot for Acharya only happening because of Rajamouli
- Rhea blames these major people in Sushanth’s death
- Actress-Singer was asked to go to Karan Johar’s parties to bag roles
- Latest update on SP Balasubramanyam’s funeral
- SPB’s death is a dark day for Indian cinema-Chiranjeevi
- SPB Departs: Devastated Tollywood mourns its beloved son’s loss