Before the COVID second wave wreaked havoc across the country, legendary filmmaker Mani Ratnam had shot a major portion of his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan, in Hyderabad. After the lockdown was lifted, Mani had wrapped up a crucial schedule in Pondicherry.
Now, the latest reports reveal that Mani Ratnam will again be returning to Hyderabad for yet another key schedule. The film’s entire cast, including Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi and others will be taking part in the upcoming schedule.
This two-part duology will have its soundtrack scored by AR Rahman. Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies is bankrolling this prestigious project in association with Lyca Productions.
Articles that might interest you:
- Telugu director ties the knot
- After Vikram Nithiin to release this biggie in Telugu
- Interview : Shouree Chandrashekhar T Ramesh – We made a significant screenplay change in Butta Bomma
- Official: Trisha to romance Vijay in Thalapathy 67
- Official: This is how much Netflix offered for SSMB 28’s OTT rights
- Samantha’s stylish look from Citadel series goes viral