Before the COVID second wave wreaked havoc across the country, legendary filmmaker Mani Ratnam had shot a major portion of his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan, in Hyderabad. After the lockdown was lifted, Mani had wrapped up a crucial schedule in Pondicherry.
Now, the latest reports reveal that Mani Ratnam will again be returning to Hyderabad for yet another key schedule. The film’s entire cast, including Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi and others will be taking part in the upcoming schedule.
This two-part duology will have its soundtrack scored by AR Rahman. Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies is bankrolling this prestigious project in association with Lyca Productions.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Gully Rowdy’ Movie ?
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Maestro’ Movie?
- Bandla Ganesh’s film as hero gets a title
- Venky and Varun’s F3 resumes shoot in Hyderabad
- Rana’s ‘Blitz of Daniel Shekar’ from Bheemla Nayak gets a date