Legendary Tamil director Mani Ratnam has wrapped up the principal shooting for the first part of his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. The latest poster that was released to announce the completion of the shoot reveals that Ponniyin Selvan is scheduled for a summer, 2022 release.
Ponniyin Selvan is based on the epic Tamil novel of the same title authored by Kalki. The film features an ensemble cast featuring stars like Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Trisha, Karthi, Jayam Ravi and many others.
The 2-part duology showcases the glorious Chola Empire. Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies is bankrolling this prestigious project in association with Lyca Productions. AR Rahman is the film’s music composer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 5 – Priyanka-Manas love angle in full swing
- Poll : RRR on 7th Jan- Should other Sankranti biggies move out of race?
- Glad to see my brother Akhil scoring a hit with MEB: Allu Arjun
- Official: Prabhas announces Radhe Shyam’s teaser launch date
- Top Mollywood star to play Prabhas’ nemesis in Salaar?
- Namrata posts a picture with Gautam and Sitara from Barcelona