Vijay Deverakonda and Puri Jagannadh have joined hands for a couple of films and Liger is one of them. The boxing drama, which has Bollywood actress Ananya Panday as the female lead, has World Boxing Champ Mike Tyson in a significant role.
The latest news is that the movie’s non-theatrical rights are sold for a solid amount. Leading television channel Star has bagged the satellite rights for a whopping Rs. 85 crores for all languages. So, it is also confirmed that the movie will be released on Hotstar post the theatrical release. Also, Liger’s theatrical rights are yet to be sold and the recently surfaced news are not true, affirmed the makers.
Yesteryear actor Ramya Krishnan will be seen as the mother of Vijay Deverakonda in this flick, produced by Puri Jagannadh , Charmee Kaur , Karan Johar and Apoorva Mehta under the banners, Puri Connects and Dharma Productions. The pan-India film will be out in theaters on August 25, 2022.
Articles that might interest you:
- BSS9: Makers announce Chatrapathi’s heroine in style
- OTT: Son of India makes its digital debut
- Star director heaps praise on KGF 2
- Beast dominates Netflix’s top three spots
- Juicy update on Prabhas’ Project K
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata creates an all time record at global box office