Around a couple of weeks ago, legendary music composer Ilayaraja surprised everyone when he served a legal notice to his friend of 5 decades and legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam against singing any songs composed by him during SPB’s ongoing SPB50 musical tour in the US.
A severely upset SPB revealed the news via a Facebook post. Now, days after the incident, SPB, in a latest interview to a popular channel, said that he and Ilayaraja are still very good friends despite the legal notice issue.
“Ilayaraja is a genius. I’m proud to have worked with a legendary composer. We don’t have any bad blood between us. Time will only resolve the issue. I too have self respect. Had Ilayaraja personally asked me to not sing, I wouldn’t have sung,” said Balu.
However, SPB went on to say that a song belongs to so many people involved in conceiving it. “A director narrates the incident, music director composes the tune, lyricist pens the lyrics and singers, musicians and actors bring it to life,” the legendary singer added.
Articles that might interest you:
- Arundhati actor’s solid initiative for medical workers
- Poll : Which of these star hero makeovers impressed you the most?
- Mahesh Babu thanks cops for their relentless services
- Buzz: Young hero’s film to skip theatrical release?
- Pawan is a gift to Telugu cinema says, young heroine
- Yet another top producer to enter the OTT world