Around a couple of weeks ago, legendary music composer Ilayaraja surprised everyone when he served a legal notice to his friend of 5 decades and legendary playback singer SP Balasubramanyam against singing any songs composed by him during SPB’s ongoing SPB50 musical tour in the US.
A severely upset SPB revealed the news via a Facebook post. Now, days after the incident, SPB, in a latest interview to a popular channel, said that he and Ilayaraja are still very good friends despite the legal notice issue.
“Ilayaraja is a genius. I’m proud to have worked with a legendary composer. We don’t have any bad blood between us. Time will only resolve the issue. I too have self respect. Had Ilayaraja personally asked me to not sing, I wouldn’t have sung,” said Balu.
However, SPB went on to say that a song belongs to so many people involved in conceiving it. “A director narrates the incident, music director composes the tune, lyricist pens the lyrics and singers, musicians and actors bring it to life,” the legendary singer added.
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation