Till now, in 2023, Mollywood had only one hit, which is the horror comedy flick Romancham. The movie was released in February and emerged as a sensational blockbuster. But none of the films apart from Romancham were successful, and the exhibition sector was severely affected.
At last, the Malayalam industry got back on track as the latest release, 2018, is off to a superb start at the box office. This is a survival thriller based on the 2018 Kerala floods. The movie features an ensemble star cast of Tovino Thomas, Kunchacko Boban, Asif Ali, Vineeth Sreenivasan, Aparna Balamurali, Kalaiyarasan, Narain, Lal, Indrans, Aju Varghese, and Tanvi Ram.
The trade pundits expect the film to rake in more than 50 crores gross at the worldwide box office. The number may go up further depending on the weekdays’ performance. Jude Anthany Joseph is the director, and the movie is produced together by Venu Kunnappilly, C.K. Padma Kumar, and Anto Joseph.
Articles that might interest you:
- Versatile actor plays the villain in Indian 2?
- Prabhas visits TTD ahead of Adipurush’s event
- OTT Review : Scoop – Hindi web series on Netflix
- Karthi to act in one more sequel?
- Much-awaited update on Ajith’s Vidaa Muyarchi’s first schedule
- Big news on Naga Chaitanya turns out to be a rumor
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food