As the daughter of Collection King Dr. Mohan Babu,Lakshmi Manchu had it all – A foreign education, good lifestyle and fame . Yet, she chose to tread the rough path of acting and film production. And she now has a Nandi Award to show for it.
She won the award for her role as ‘Irendri’ in the movie ‘Anaganaga Oo Dheerudu’. In an interview given to Eenadu, she says that no one ever told her to choose this career “I was never told do this or be like that by anyone. I was free to do as I wished. I got the acting bug only after I got married, so you can say that my husband is a big part of my success”.
When asked what her ambition in life was, she replied “To win an Oscar!”
Lakshmi is currently producing and acting in the movie ‘Gundello Godari’. She also holds an important role in Mani Ratnam’s upcoming film ‘Kadali’.
Let us hope Lakshmi achieves her goal of winning an Oscar.
- Will not marry a film industry man, says Kajal
- Nagarjuna to shoot two sequels simultaneously?
- Lawrence’s directorial debut in Bollywood with star hero
- Sai Dharam Tej’s co-star to shake a leg with Bollywood’s dancing sensation
- Popular actor urges his fans to prove his critics wrong