Nagarjuna is currently wrapping up the much-awaited multi-starrer, Devadas. The film also stars Nani, Akanksha Singh and Rashmika Mandanna as the main leads. Opening up about his character and the film’s plot in a latest interview, Nag revealed some crucial details.
It’s been reported already that Nag will be seen as a don in Devadas. But Nag says that his character will not be the stereotypical don that we usually see in Telugu movies. “He’s different. A romantic at heart, he is a funny mastikhor who loves to party. The focus isn’t so much on his mafia operations, that keeps running in the background of the film. His quirks will endear him to the audience and leave them in splits,” said Nag.
Talking about his equation with Nani’s doctor’s role in the movie, Nag said, “How the don forms an unlikely friendship with a doctor, played by Nani, forms the crux of the story. How they meet and then connect with each other, what happens next is all the film is about.”
Sriram Adittya is directing Devadas and Ashwini Dutt is bankrolling the movie. The film’s release date will be announced soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- No interval for Vijay Sethupathi’s Hindi film
- Varun Dhawan wedding: Family assembles here
- Katrina Kaif’s sister to try her luck once again
- Krack continues to impress the box office numbers
- Latest edition of Special Ops’ gets a title
- Bangaru Bullodu gets good release across Telugu states