The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to present the coveted Nandi Awards for excellence in films on every Ugadi, which is the Telugu New Year. The Ex Officio Secretary of Ministry of Information and Public Relations, NV Ramana Reddy has issued the orders in this regard. As per the orders, the NTR National Award and other film related awards will also be presented on Ugadi.
Apart from the film awards, the Nandi Awards for excellence in TV will be presented on 15th October and Awards for excellence in Theatre Arts will be presented on May28th, commemorating NTR’s birth anniversary. For films, the government will invite the entries from 21st December to 16th January every year. The Nandi Awards for the years 2012 and 2013 are yet to be presented, and the government will soon form committees to
initiate the formalities.
Anathapur has been decided as the venue for the TV Nandi Awards while Rajahmundry will host the Nandi Awards for Theatre Arts. Henceforth, Nandi Awards for films will be presented wherever the government holds the annual Ugadi celebrations.
Articles that might interest you:
- Young Tollywood hero’s Kollywood plans
- Fans heartbroken over Pawan’s defeat
- Contrasting shades in Nani’s role in V?
- A solid slap on my face: Prakash Raj concedes defeat with grace
- Despite defeat, Pawan vows to fight for the people till his last breath
- Elections 2019- Jayaprada loses badly