It’s no secret that Nani is an ardent admirer of Mani Ratnam and the two have been planning to work together for quite sometime now; however, the project is yet to materialises. In several interviews, Nani spoke about how much he admires Mani Ratnam’s style of filmmaking.
Interestingly, in a recent interview, he credited the acclaimed director for changing the way he watched movies when he was young. “I just fell in love with Mani sir’s films even as a kid. I was too young to appreciate Geetanjali when it released, but the moment I saw Dalapathy, I knew that my experience was unlike anything else at that point of time. I began to appreciate the craft of filmmaking itself as I continued watching his films. He has been a huge inspiration in my life,” Nani said.
Meanwhile, his recent film MCA took a stunning opening at the box-office and it’s expected to fetch huge profits for Dil Raju, who produced the film.
- Mr Majnu completes censor; All set for Jan 25th release
- Gopichand’s spy thriller commences on the Indo-Pak border
- Will Nani’s dream to work with his favorite director come true?
- F2 becomes Venky & Varun’s career best grosser
- Vaishnav’s debut film will have Rangasthalam-like feel: Chiranjeevi