It’s no secret that Nani is an ardent admirer of Mani Ratnam and the two have been planning to work together for quite sometime now; however, the project is yet to materialises. In several interviews, Nani spoke about how much he admires Mani Ratnam’s style of filmmaking.
Interestingly, in a recent interview, he credited the acclaimed director for changing the way he watched movies when he was young. “I just fell in love with Mani sir’s films even as a kid. I was too young to appreciate Geetanjali when it released, but the moment I saw Dalapathy, I knew that my experience was unlike anything else at that point of time. I began to appreciate the craft of filmmaking itself as I continued watching his films. He has been a huge inspiration in my life,” Nani said.
Meanwhile, his recent film MCA took a stunning opening at the box-office and it’s expected to fetch huge profits for Dil Raju, who produced the film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay to work with this lady director?
- Is Ileana’s Bollywood career over?
- Update on AVPL’s Chennai city collections
- Is this is the reason behind Nishabdham’s postponement?
- Ajay Devgn’s Maidaan seals its release date
- Dusshera 2020 getting heated up