The makers of Thalaivi have finally ended the speculations on the actress who would play Jayaa’s best friend Sasikala in the movie. National Award-winning actress Priyamani has been chosen to play Sasikala in this much-talked-about biopic.
Thalaivi director AL Vijay felt that an actress of Priyamani’s caliber will do justice to the role. Sasikala was with Jayaa until the former CM’s last breath in the hospital. She is now spending her time in jail in Bengaluru for the financial crimes she had committed during Jayaa’s tenure.
Thalaivi is a biopic on yesteryear heroine and former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa. Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut is essaying Jayalalithaa’s role in the movie. Vishnu Induri is bankrolling this project.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Sethupathi clarifies reports of film with Kamal Haasan
- Tollywood’s first ATT ShreyasET’s initiative for new talent
- Dil Bechara trailer sets a new world record
- COVID-19 scare: Amitabh and Abhishek to remain in hospital
- Hero Arya’s next opts for OTT release?
- 4 bungalows of the Bachchans sealed; Declared containment zones