Since yesterday, reports are going viral that actress Nayanthara has signed a prestigious biopic on the life and legacy of Rani Velu Nachiyar, the 18th century Tamil warrior queen from Sivaganga. Velu Nachiyar was the first Indian queen to wage a war against the East India Company in India.
However, Nayanthara, through her PR team, has quickly trashed the rumors and clarified that she has not signed any such project. Nayan was last seen in the spiritual comedy thriller, Mookuthi Amman (Ammoru Thalli in Telugu). Her next release will be a unique thriller titled Nethrikann. She is also playing the female lead in Rajinikanth’s Annaatthe.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tamannaah finalized for Kollywood hero’s next?
- Despite failure-Akshay Kumar eyeing yet another OTT release
- Thaman gets his biggest career break
- Poll : Whose performance impressed you the most in Master?
- Ram’s long wait for Trivikram’s nod
- Netflix Pitta Kathalu teaser – Intense and bold