Global streaming giant Netflix has officially announced a live action TV series adaptation of Baahubali : The Rise Of Sivagami. Although the news about the show has been doing rounds for several months now, it is only now that Netflix has gone on record that it has tied up with Arka Mediaworks and SS Rajamouli to make two seasons of the series.
Interestingly, the series will be directed by Deva Katta and Praveen Sattaru, and the duo had been working on the script for several months now. The cast and crew will be officially announced soon. As of now, Netflix hasn’t confirmed a date about when the series will be available globally for streaming.
Earlier this year, Sacred Games, which was streamed on Netflix, turned out to be a huge hit and it proved that there is a huge demand for original content from India. With Baahubali’s makers too joining this bandwagon, it remains to be seen how well the series does on Netflix
Articles that might interest you:
- Sharwanand’s shoulder surgery lasts for 11 hours; Shifted to ICU
- Interesting buzz on Chay’s next
- NTR’s cameo in this film?
- Is she the first choice for Game Over?
- Noted producer acquires Kalki rights
- Rakul’s take on working with senior heroes