Global streaming giant Netflix has officially announced a live action TV series adaptation of Baahubali : The Rise Of Sivagami. Although the news about the show has been doing rounds for several months now, it is only now that Netflix has gone on record that it has tied up with Arka Mediaworks and SS Rajamouli to make two seasons of the series.
Interestingly, the series will be directed by Deva Katta and Praveen Sattaru, and the duo had been working on the script for several months now. The cast and crew will be officially announced soon. As of now, Netflix hasn’t confirmed a date about when the series will be available globally for streaming.
Earlier this year, Sacred Games, which was streamed on Netflix, turned out to be a huge hit and it proved that there is a huge demand for original content from India. With Baahubali’s makers too joining this bandwagon, it remains to be seen how well the series does on Netflix
Articles that might interest you:
- Samantha turns down a Bollywood offer
- Craze building up for Venky Mama
- George Reddy girl signs a Bollywood biggie
- Rumor or real: Prabhas to team up with Shankar?
- Shankar hints at film with another star
- Bigg Boss contestant’s Hindi debut