On this day, in 1975, Super Star Rajinikanth made his acting debut with K Balachander’s classic film, Apoorva Raagangal. Rajini mostly played negative roles for the next 3 years, until Bairavi in 1978 in which he turned hero.
At a recent event in which he felicitated Bairavi’s writer-producer Kalaignanam, Rajini said that he never wanted to become a hero. “I was quite happy playing negative roles. But it was Mr. Kalaignanam who convinced me to play hero in Bairavi,” Rajini revealed.
It’s well known that Rajini used to work as a bus conductor in Bangalore, before he joined the Madras Film Institute to study acting.
Articles that might interest you:
- Makers of Mahesh’s next to take strong measures
- Poll : Which of these stars should attempt a web series?
- Bigg Boss 4- Star Maa roping these celebs
- Time locked for SSMB27’s much-awaited announcement
- Lockdown Review : Betaal – Hindi web series on Netflix
- Editing for star hero film starts-Release date in talks