On this day, in 1975, Super Star Rajinikanth made his acting debut with K Balachander’s classic film, Apoorva Raagangal. Rajini mostly played negative roles for the next 3 years, until Bairavi in 1978 in which he turned hero.
At a recent event in which he felicitated Bairavi’s writer-producer Kalaignanam, Rajini said that he never wanted to become a hero. “I was quite happy playing negative roles. But it was Mr. Kalaignanam who convinced me to play hero in Bairavi,” Rajini revealed.
It’s well known that Rajini used to work as a bus conductor in Bangalore, before he joined the Madras Film Institute to study acting.
Articles that might interest you:
- Probable box office collections of Janhvi’s Gunjan Saxena
- Won’t tolerate if anyone targets Pawan Kalyan: Bandla Ganesh
- Samantha reviews Suriya’s film
- Bigg Boss 4 – This contestant cleverly edging to the top
- Poll : Who according to you will win the GHMC 2020 elections?
- Akshay Kumar hell-bent on having her as the heroine of his next