On this day, in 1975, Super Star Rajinikanth made his acting debut with K Balachander’s classic film, Apoorva Raagangal. Rajini mostly played negative roles for the next 3 years, until Bairavi in 1978 in which he turned hero.
At a recent event in which he felicitated Bairavi’s writer-producer Kalaignanam, Rajini said that he never wanted to become a hero. “I was quite happy playing negative roles. But it was Mr. Kalaignanam who convinced me to play hero in Bairavi,” Rajini revealed.
It’s well known that Rajini used to work as a bus conductor in Bangalore, before he joined the Madras Film Institute to study acting.
Articles that might interest you:
- World’s first non-linear single-shot film to release on this date
- Ram Charan’s career best look for RC15
- Dhanush’s Captain Miller announcement breaks Kollywood records
- Arjun Das thanks Thalapathy Vijay and Lokesh – Deets inside
- Official: Krishna Vamsi to make a high-budget OTT movie
- OTT: First look of Shanmukh’s Agent Anand Santosh looks cool