Recently, the makers of Tamil star Suriya’s Nandha Gopalan Kumaran (NGK) announced that the film will not be releasing for Diwali as announced earlier. Needless to say, Suriya fans were left disappointed with this delay.
At a film related event in Chennai this evening, Suriya made a few amusing comments about NGK’s delay, although in a lighter vein. Addressing hundreds of fans who were madly shouting “NGK..NGK”, Suriya said that NGK is not a firecracker to come for Diwali.
“It takes time to create a cult classic and that’s why we need some more time to complete NGK,” said Suriya. The actor further said that he is confident that the film will surely be liked by his fans. Acclaimed director Selvaraghavan is helming this crazy project, which is touted as an intense political drama.
Sai Pallavi and Rakul Preet are the leading ladies in the film. SR Prabhu and SR Prakash Babu are producing the project and hotshot Tamil composer Yuvan Shankar Raja is scoring the film’s music.
- Nag refuses Karan Johar’s proposal to launch Akhil in Bollywood
- Yesteryear hero’s son to debut with RX100’s Bollywood remake
- Mr Majnu director’s next with star hero?
- Superstar lends support to a fundraiser in New York
- Sai Pallavi-Sharwa’s Padi Padi Leche Manasu nears completion