After wrapping Koratala Siva’s Acharya, Megastar Chiranjeevi will be simultaneously working on the remakes of the Malayalam hit political drama ‘Lucifer’ under Mohan Raja’s direction and the Tamil action family drama ‘Vedalam’ helmed by Meher Ramesh. Vedalam, starring Kollywood star Thala Ajith, was set in Kolkata backdrop.
According to the latest update, even Vedalam’s Telugu version will have Kolkata as its backdrop. Incidentally, Chiru’s previous blockbusters, Choodalani Undi and Khaidi No 150, were also had a Kolkata backdrop. Apparently, Meher Ramesh has not made too many changes to the film’s script except for a minor tweaking to adapt it to Telugu sensibilities. More details about this crazy remake will be out soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- UV Concepts’ maiden film Ek Mini Katha aims April release
- Sitara’s cute recreation of her great grandmother’s iconic song
- Women’s Day special : Female South directors who are making waves
- Prep begins for Acharya’s craziest song?
- Young politician and producer Maganti Ramji passes away
- Poll : Which aspect of Jathi Rathnalu are you looking forward to?