The Tamil Film Producer’s Council TFPC has decided to not release any new Tamil films on October 6 as a mark of protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose an additional entertainment tax of 10% on Tamil films and 20% on non-Tamil films. This double taxation above the existing GST has left the Tamil filmmakers and trade circles fuming.
The Chennai Corporation has started issuing circulars to all the multiplexes and single screens regarding the additional local tax. Several Bollywood and Hollywood studios and the Multiplex Association of India have extended their support to the TFPC’s protest.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan to undergo surgery
- Super Over’s intriguing sneak peek raises curiosity
- With lack of offers, Bigg Boss contestants deppending on this
- Vijay Devarakonda to stun fans with Puri Jagan’s makeover
- Huge demand for Krack’s remake rights
- Master a debacle in Hindi- Then why remaking it?