The Tamil Film Producer’s Council TFPC has decided to not release any new Tamil films on October 6 as a mark of protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose an additional entertainment tax of 10% on Tamil films and 20% on non-Tamil films. This double taxation above the existing GST has left the Tamil filmmakers and trade circles fuming.
The Chennai Corporation has started issuing circulars to all the multiplexes and single screens regarding the additional local tax. Several Bollywood and Hollywood studios and the Multiplex Association of India have extended their support to the TFPC’s protest.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika not interested in this happening remake?
- Mega hero does not want to be image bound
- Venu Sriram gets his new film okayed
- One more Hindi biggie to be out on Amazon soon
- Confirmed- Mahesh to romance two heroines in Trivikram film
- Bellamkonda Suresh buys rights of Hindi blockbuster?