The Tamil Film Producer’s Council TFPC has decided to not release any new Tamil films on October 6 as a mark of protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose an additional entertainment tax of 10% on Tamil films and 20% on non-Tamil films. This double taxation above the existing GST has left the Tamil filmmakers and trade circles fuming.
The Chennai Corporation has started issuing circulars to all the multiplexes and single screens regarding the additional local tax. Several Bollywood and Hollywood studios and the Multiplex Association of India have extended their support to the TFPC’s protest.
- Brazilian model to debut with Akhil’s Mr Majnu
- Poll : What did you think of Mr.Majnu’s first look?
- Femina Miss India South eager to make a mark in Tollywood
- Chay has cut short my vice after marriage: Samantha
- Abhimanyudu’s director bags a big offer