The Tamil Film Producer’s Council TFPC has decided to not release any new Tamil films on October 6 as a mark of protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose an additional entertainment tax of 10% on Tamil films and 20% on non-Tamil films. This double taxation above the existing GST has left the Tamil filmmakers and trade circles fuming.
The Chennai Corporation has started issuing circulars to all the multiplexes and single screens regarding the additional local tax. Several Bollywood and Hollywood studios and the Multiplex Association of India have extended their support to the TFPC’s protest.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan announces compensation for Indian 2 accident victims
- Baahubali’s Kiliki language goes online
- Positive word of mouth is a must for this Friday release movie
- Veteran actor flirts with Sunny Leone-Her reply was hilarious
- Star director’s daughter becomes an adult film actress
- Noted Tollywood production house to collaborate with Salman Khan