The Tamil Film Producer’s Council TFPC has decided to not release any new Tamil films on October 6 as a mark of protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose an additional entertainment tax of 10% on Tamil films and 20% on non-Tamil films. This double taxation above the existing GST has left the Tamil filmmakers and trade circles fuming.
The Chennai Corporation has started issuing circulars to all the multiplexes and single screens regarding the additional local tax. Several Bollywood and Hollywood studios and the Multiplex Association of India have extended their support to the TFPC’s protest.
- Kiara Advani treats herself to an authentic Hyderabadi experience
- Blessed to have Chiru uncle’s features: Sai Dharam Tej
- NTR to grace Dhee 10 grand finale
- Decent 1st weekend for Sammohanam, Sets eyes on half-a-million club
- Much-awaited Thalapathy62’s first look out soon