The Anakapalli Sessions Court today sentenced former MLA and noted film producer Chengala Venkat Rao to rigorous life imprisonment in a decade old murder case. The court also sentenced 25 other accused along with Chengala.
According to the reports, Chengala, the then TDP MLA, instigated a riot that led to the death of a fisherman named Gosala Konda hailed from Bangarampalem village in Nakkapalli mandal in 2007. The tragic incident took place when Chengala’s men allegedly attacked a group of men who were protesting against sand mining in their area.
Chengala Venkat Rao produced Balakrishna’s blockbuster 1999 faction drama, Samarasimhareddy, and NTR’s Narasimhudu in 2005.
Articles that might interest you:
- Impressive: Game Changer actress earns a spot in global Google Trends
- Thanks to Animal, Rashmika’s scenes extended in Pushpa 2?
- Trisha to romance Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna next?
- Hi Nanna packs a punch on Sunday; Here’s the 4-day Nizam collection
- Photo Moment: Chiranjeevi greets ex-CM KCR in hospital
- Animal: Tripti Dimri reveals how her parents reacted to her bold scenes