The Anakapalli Sessions Court today sentenced former MLA and noted film producer Chengala Venkat Rao to rigorous life imprisonment in a decade old murder case. The court also sentenced 25 other accused along with Chengala.
According to the reports, Chengala, the then TDP MLA, instigated a riot that led to the death of a fisherman named Gosala Konda hailed from Bangarampalem village in Nakkapalli mandal in 2007. The tragic incident took place when Chengala’s men allegedly attacked a group of men who were protesting against sand mining in their area.
Chengala Venkat Rao produced Balakrishna’s blockbuster 1999 faction drama, Samarasimhareddy, and NTR’s Narasimhudu in 2005.
- Sesh Adivi clarifies about his role in Samantha’s next
- Bollywood star to bounce back with Sai-Kajal’s Sita
- Stalwart actor uninstalls WhatsApp to ‘reclaim happiness’
- Bollywood film body announces complete ban on Pak artistes
- Rakul explains why she blasted her Twitter troll