Since morning, there have been numerous media reports which stated that NTR evaded service tax to the tune of Rs.1.10 crore from his remuneration for his 2015 film, Nannaku Prematho. The reports further said that the Central Revenue Department will serve a show cause notice to the actor, following the Finance Minister’s submission of a C & AG review report in the Parliament yesterday.
NTR released an official statement to clarify the matter and represent the correct version of facts. Tarak said that Nannaku Prematho was made in the UK and that he was informed that he need not pay the Service Tax as an actor for any remuneration earned outside India. NTR revealed that he didn’t even charge the Service Tax from Nannaku Prematho’s producer.
NTR went on to say that he has always been a law abiding citizen and income and service tax payer and that he will pay every single penny if the C & AG asks him to. NTR also added that he has not yet received any notice from any authorities.
- Vijay Deverakonda’s sweet gesture for Suryakantam team
- Nikhil’s interesting comment on Arjun Suravaram’s delay
- Chay-Sam, Rana’s dance performances at Venkatesh’s daughter’s wedding
- Balakrishna’s next moves to July
- Dhoom star’s cryptic tweets kick-off suicide rumors
- Star heroine’s dad denies his daughter’s wedding rumors