National award-winning Bollywood actress Vidya Balan and producers Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor have been invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. The trio is part of the 395 new members of artists and executives who have been invited by the Academy and they will be having the privilege of voting in this year’s Oscars.
While Vidya Balan has been selected for her performance in Tumhari Sulu and Kahaani, Ekta Kapoor has been chosen for her films – Dream Girl and Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai. And Ekta’s mother Shobha has been selected for her productions – The Dirty Picture and Udta Punjab.
The new invitees list also includes Minari actress Ye-Ri Han, Pieces of Woman’s Vanessa Kirby, Robert Pattinson, and Christina Oh among others. The invitees include actors, directors, producers, cinematographers, sound designers, music composers, costume designers, writers, film editors and casting directors.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss beauty turns Assistant Director
- 2 releases in 1 week: Priyanka Jawalkar’s promising line-up
- Rajamouli’s priorities change big time with RRR
- Sharwa to do a film based on the time machine concept?
- Team Trisha slam wedding rumors of the star heroine
- Star hero brushing up Telangana accent for his next