Released on January 25, amid a huge controversy that took the entire country by storm, ace Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period magnum opus, Padmaavat, went on to become a smash hit in India and abroad.
Last night, Padmaavat broke into the coveted 300 crore nett club by collecting Rs 301.56 Cr nett in India. The film, surprisingly, is still collecting decent revenues to even after completing its 50-day theatrical run. This is a terrific feat by Padmaavat as the film didn’t get a release in the four major states like Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh.
Now, Padmaavat is next only to Baahubali, Dangal, PK, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai. Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor played the main leads in Padmaavat.
- Interesting title in consideration for RC12?
- Much-awaited Bollywood biopic to be shot in Hyderabad
- Yesteryear heroine Rambha blessed with a baby boy
- NTR spotted spending lonely time in Milan
- Forgotten director to make a comeback