Acclaimed Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s soon to be released epic period saga, Padmaavat, has been mired in several controversies ever since it went on floors. The Supreme Court today revoked the ban on the movie in the 4 BJP-ruled states – Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana.
Spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is the latest person to vouch for Padmaavat. The film was exclusively screened for Ravi Shankar and several members of the Art of Living Ashram in Bengaluru on the 15th night. Ravi Shankar had some nice things to say about the movie.
Ravi Shankar reportedly said that Bhansali’s Padmaavat is a beautiful tribute to Rani Padmavati. He further said he was shocked to see people opposing the movie as Padmaavat only glorifies Rajput honour. Starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor in lead roles, Padmaavat is slated for a grand release on January 25.
- Simbu urges fans to not get emotional about his film’s release
- Chay-Samantha’s Majili to be shot in Vizag
- Exciting buzz on Vijay-Atlee film
- Roshagadu gets a big release in Telugu states
- Upset over Taxiwaala piracy, Vijay gets moral support from Suriya