Shriya’s upcoming film Pavitra is finally gearing up for release on June 7, as per the latest buzz in the industry. Janardhan Maharshi has directed the film and Sadhak Kumar, Sai Mahesh Reddy have produced the film. Initially, the makers were planning to release the film in May; however, it was pushed to June since the producers were keen on releasing the film simultaneously in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam. The Tamil version has been titled as Peru Maatrumdaan Pavitra. Talking about the film, Janardhan Maharshi says, “Although Shriya is playing the role of a prostitute, it’ll be completely different from other films based on this theme. Pavitra is inspired from a real incident and it narrates the story of a woman who fights back and becomes a politician.” Incidentally, this is Pavitra’s first full fledged film in a long time in Telugu and she was last seen in a cameo in Sekhar Kammula’s Life Is Beautiful. Shriya will soon be teaming up with Nagarjuna in Vikram Kumar’s Manam.
- Hero invites audiences to write reviews of his film
- Rajamouli ropes in star writer for his next
- Interview : Sudheer Babu- Producing films was always on my mind
- RX100 fame Karthikeya’s next gets a title
- Fans eagerly awaiting Aravinda Sametha’s audio