Recently, the YS Jagan Mohan Reddy led Andhra Pradesh government imposed restrictions on erecting pandals in public during the upcoming Vinayaka Chaturthi festive season in a move to prevent the impending COVID-19 third wave. Jagan’s government, however, “allowed” devotees to celebrate the festival in their homes.
Jagan’s new diktat has been receiving criticism from opposition leaders. Actor and Janasena Party President Pawan Kalyan lambasted Jagan restricting the Vinayaka Chaturthi festivities. Pawan alleged that the AP CM’s latest order is a threat to the age-old Hindu culture and tradition of celebrating Vinayaka Chaturthi.
Pawan also mocked the AP government’s order, saying that the restrictions are only limited to Vinayaka Chaturthi celebrations and that they are not applied to the YSRCP leaders’ birthday celebrations. Pawan also alleged that the Jagan government has failed to nab the culprits who attacked and destroyed several Hindu temples across Andhra Pradesh.
— JanaSena Party (@JanaSenaParty) September 7, 2021
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : HIT 2 – Engaging and Intense
- Review : Matti Kusthi – Partly Engaging
- Chiru congratulates Charan – Deets inside
- Raj Tarun’s Aha Na Pellanta creates a sensation on ZEE5
- OTT: Ram Setu makes its digital debut, but with a twist
- Photo Moment: South cinema legends in a single frame