For the last few days, several opposition leaders and social activists have been protesting against the proposed uranium mining in the Nallamala forest area along the Krishna River in Nagarkurnool district, Telangana. Film star turned politician Pawan Kalyan and Vijay Deverakonda are the latest to join the fight to save the forest and thousands of people and natural resources.
Announcing Janasena Party’s support to the #SaveNallamala campaign, Pawan questioned all the political leaders if they are going to assure a ‘Bangaru’ Telangana or a state that’s polluted due to uranium mining to the future generations.
Even young heart-throb Vijay Deverakonda has chipped in with his support. He lamented at the destruction of nearly 20,000 acres of the Nallamala forest due to uranium mining. He said that renewable energy sources like uranium can be bought, but not the forests.
However, whether or not the government will halt the controversial proposal for t the mining in Nallamala remains to be seen.
JSP will extend its support for #savenallamalla
భావి తరాలకి, బంగారు తెలంగాణ ఇస్తామా? యురేనియం కాలుష్యం తెలంగాణ ఇస్తామా? అన్నది అన్ని ప్రజా సంఘాలు , రాజకీయ పక్షాలు ఆలోచించాలి?
— Pawan Kalyan (@PawanKalyan) September 11, 2019
— Vijay Deverakonda (@TheDeverakonda) September 12, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Gang Leader’s 1st weekend Guntur share; Enters 1 Cr club
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 15-09-2019
- Yet another heroine in talks for Rajasekhar’s next?
- Acting in a mass film for the first time is exhilarating: Varun Tej
- Yet another sizzling special song for Payal Rajput?
- Shraddha Kapoor in talks for a female-centric film