After Kollywood star Vijay, the Madras High Court today blasted yet another Tamil star Dhanush in connection with the actor’s petition to seek entry tax exemption for his imported Rolls-Royce car. Dhanush had filed a petition to seek entry tax exemption for his Rolls-Royce car imported from the UK in 2015.
Interestingly, Dhanush’s lawyer wanted to withdraw the plea after the High Court fired on Vijay last month for filing a similar plea. The Court heard Dhanush’s case and refused to allow Dhanush to withdraw the plea. Apparently, Dhanush had paid 50 percent of the tax and has also agreed to pay the rest by August 9 and sought the withdrawal of the plea.
However, the Court dismissed the case by passing an order that Dhanush must pay the pending amount of Rs. 30.30 lakh within 48 hours. “Even a common man who buys a soap is paying taxes. Everyone must act responsibly and in accordance with the law,” Justice Subramaniam said in his order.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan to kick-start Bigg Boss Tamil 5 on this date
- Bigg Boss girl buys a classy new car
- Mahesh Babu’s luncheon with Sitara; Namrata gives a glimpse
- Talk- Vijay’s Beast pushed ahead to summer 2022
- Mahesh-Trivikram to start with this aspect?
- Crazy gossip on Love Story making waves?