Super Star Rajinikanth and star Tamil director AR Murugadoss have joined forces with each other for the first time and the result is Darbar. This much-awaited Pongal entertainer is produced under Lyca Productions banner.
Darbar is slated to hit screens on January 9. However, the film is reportedly facing some pre-release hiccups. A Malaysia-based company named DMY Creations has filed a petition in the Madras High Court to stall Darbar’s release.
The company has reportedly alleged that Lyca Productions had defaulted on the payment of Rs 12 crores which it borrowed during the making of 2.0. The total loan amount has now amounted to Rs 23 crores with interest.
DMY Creations has urged to stall Darbar’s release until Lyca repays the whole amount. The High Court has issued notices to Darbar’s makers at Lyca and asked them to respond in this regard.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun wraps up Pushpa; Heads straight to Apollo to see Sai Tej
- Shriya Saran shifts base to Mumbai
- Concept video and premise of Sasivadane looks cool
- New gossip about RRR’s delay becomes a hot topic
- Juicy info on Chay Akkineni’s OTT debut
- This star heroine wants to do Soundarya’s biopic