Super Star Rajinikanth and star Tamil director AR Murugadoss have joined forces with each other for the first time and the result is Darbar. This much-awaited Pongal entertainer is produced under Lyca Productions banner.
Darbar is slated to hit screens on January 9. However, the film is reportedly facing some pre-release hiccups. A Malaysia-based company named DMY Creations has filed a petition in the Madras High Court to stall Darbar’s release.
The company has reportedly alleged that Lyca Productions had defaulted on the payment of Rs 12 crores which it borrowed during the making of 2.0. The total loan amount has now amounted to Rs 23 crores with interest.
DMY Creations has urged to stall Darbar’s release until Lyca repays the whole amount. The High Court has issued notices to Darbar’s makers at Lyca and asked them to respond in this regard.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acclaimed Tamil star turns villain for Mahesh Babu?
- Vijay Deverakonda becomes the first South Indian hero to pull off this feat
- Vithika Sheru all set for her new avatar
- Balayya asks for a bounded script to comeback director?
- Yash to share a chunk of profits from KGF 2’s collections
- Thanks to COVID- Sonu Sood’s dull career picks up