In an unfortunate incident, a horse recently died on the set of legendary Kollywood director Mani Ratnam’s on-going historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. According to the latest media reports, PETA India has lodged a complaint against Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies banner and a Hyderabadi man who owned the horse at the Abdullapurmet Police Station.
The Abdullapurmet Police booked a case under section 429 of the PCA act, 1960 Section 11 and 1860 of the IPC. PETA India alleged that the horse was tired and dehydrated and lost its life due to continuous shoot. PETA India further requested all Animal Welfare Board of India to issue strict orders to all the filmmakers to avoid using real animals and use computer graphics instead.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 5 – Shanmukh’s troll upsets Swetha Varma big time
- Manasulone from Varudu Kavalenu is a soothing melody
- Interview : Sai Pallavi – Chay Akkineni is a real sweetheart
- Chiru’s Godfather Ooty schedule commences
- Thala Ajith’s Valimai locked for Pongal release
- Viral – Vijay Devarakonda poses with Balayya Babu