Acclaimed Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi has urged the youth to make an effort to understand politics. Speaking at an event which was held in Chennai to create awareness about why a youngster, Anita had to commit suicide over NEET, Vijay said, “We have been divided by caste and the system needs to be abolished. Today, a lot of people are being stopped from protesting because of casteism.”
Expressing his dismay and anger that a young student had committed suicide, Vijay said, “Education is a basic necessity. We have lost a life because of it. I feel ashamed of this situation.”
Few days ago, Tamil Nadu was shocked to hear that Anita, an aspiring doctor who fought in the Supreme Court against NEET, committed suicide because she could no longer afford to fulfil her dream. Her death has led to massive protests all over Tamil Nadu and there is a growing demand to ban the entrance exam.
- Nayanthara’s Tamil thriller to release in Telugu
- Sai Dharam Tej’s Chitralahari commences its shoot
- Pawan Kalyan all set for his comeback film?
- Rajamouli cans RRR’s first shot; Video goes viral
- Update on Ravi Teja- VI Anand’s film