AR Murugadoss is one of the most popular contemporary directors in Tamil cinema. With films like Ghajini, Thuppaki, and Kathi to his credit, he has become a brand of his own, and now, he has teamed up with Superstar Rajinikanth for Darbar, which is set to release on January 9.
In a recent interview, the star director opened up about the initial years of his career and revealed that Ajith is responsible for the six-pack craze in Tamil cinema. “Few years after our first film, Dheena, we were supposed to work on another film Mirattal; however, it was shelved. But during the script discussions, it was Ajith who said that he will sport a six pack for the role. That’s when it struck me that a mass hero sporting a six pack will be a big hit with the audiences too. So, later on when I made Ghajini with Suriya in Tamil and Aamir Khan in Hindi, I requested them to sport a six pack for the role, and it became a trend later on.”
In Darbar, Rajinikanth will be seen as a cop, with shades of grey, and the film also has Nayanthara, Nivetha Thomas, and Sunil Shetty. Lyca Productions has bankrolled the film in Tamil, and it will release in Telugu and Tamil on January 9.
Articles that might interest you:
- This Bollywood hero wants to work with Samantha
- Clarity on Bheemla Nayak’s release plans leaves fans thrilled
- KGF Chapter 2 to lock horns with these two biggies
- Nani inspired me to do Jersey: Shahid Kapoor
- Love Story team to join hands next year
- Madhavan’s directorial debut – Rocketry gets a date