Popular singer and dubbing artiste Chinmayi too has been a victim of online sexual abuse. The singer received rape and acid attack threats on Twitter from some nasty users.
To put an end and to raise awareness about this menace, Chinmayi has kick-started an online petition campaign called “#RapeThreatsNotOk”. The campaign demands Twitter to do a mass shutdown of users’ accounts that tweet rape threats to women.
The singer also filed a police complaint which led to the arrest of three people who spent ten days in jail. This incident made Chinmayi think about the “millions of ordinary women” who face rape threats and abuse everyday and might not have the time, support and resources to fight it.
Chinmayi’s online petition has been receiving a huge support and already 15,364 people have signed the petition, with only 9,636 signatures left to reach the goal.
— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) March 7, 2017
Articles that might interest you:
- NTR gearing up for a crucial episode
- Lockdown Review : Chintu Ka Birthday – Hindi film on Zee 5
- Exclusive Interview : Ram Gopal Varma – I don’t read reviews of my films
- Prabhas creates another new record on social media
- Poll : Who among these should launch Balakrishna’s son?
- V V Vinayak ready with a new script