In Dhoni, Prakash Raj plays a typical government servant who is industrious enough to do a pickle-business on the side. He also plays the role of a father who could realize no noble dream of his own. He therefore exerts extraordinary pressure on his son, almost forcing him to only do an MBA. This is the context that is tailor made for an actor of Prakash Raj’s caliber. In his script the context and the content become the heroes. In this movie he touches a raw nerve by dealing with the oft-repeated grouse of a rotten education system. He is also bound to touch the sweet spot of many a youth by batting on behalf of their demolished dreams. If the intensity on screen reflects the intent, characterization of the script, rest assured that Dhoni could have a long innings in the cinema halls.
- Shruti Hassan’s musical talk show to be aired soon
- Abhishek Bachchan is ready to debut in Tollywood
- Is Nayanthara and Vignesh Shivan’s marriage on the cards?
- Legendary composer’s musical night to raise funds
- Superstar extends support to Mr. Majnu