Looking at the number of noble initiatives which Priya Anand has been supporting one can’t help but appreciate her social responsibility. First it was a drive to stop killing street dogs in Chennai and recently she teamed up with PETA to stop caging of birds. The latest initiative from her side is a campaign to stop child labour and save children from several other illegal activities. Couple of days ago, she tweeted, “I Don’t Indulge in Fireworks because these Factories Employ Children in Dangerous Environments with few Safety Precautions.Sivakasi Produces 90% of Indias Fireworks & is the Largest Single Concentration of Child Labor in the World!”
So it was clear that she was working on something to spread awareness about the issue and urge people to stop supporting or buying crackers if they were being made in Sivakasi. Earlier today, she revealed that she’s working on something bigger. “I just got a Promotion from @stc_india I am now Officially going to Work Alongside them on ALL their Projects Not just ‘Against Child Labor,’ she said. STC, which stands for Save The Children, is a independent child rights organisation in India. On the other hand, she’s on the verge of wrapping up dubbing for her part in Sharwanand’s upcoming film Ko Ante Koti.
- Vijay Deverakonda’s sweet gesture for Suryakantam team
- Nikhil’s interesting comment on Arjun Suravaram’s delay
- Chay-Sam, Rana’s dance performances at Venkatesh’s daughter’s wedding
- Balakrishna’s next moves to July
- Dhoom star’s cryptic tweets kick-off suicide rumors
- Star heroine’s dad denies his daughter’s wedding rumors