The sheer number of Telugu films being remade in Hindi these days is mind boggling. Almost every remake has worked wonders at box-office and recently Rowdy Rathore, the remake of Vikramarkudu, joined the Rs 100 crore club. Soon after the film’s success, rumours were abuzz that Sanjay Leela Bhansali is going to direct the remake of Chiranjeevi starrer Indra with Akshay Kumar in lead roles. However, Priyanka Dutt, the daughter of Ashwini Dutt who produced the film on Vijayanthi Movies banner, has told a leading newspaper that they did not sell the film’s remake rights to anyone despite getting several offers. Moreover, she added that she might produce the Hindi remake under her home production banner. It’s still a million dollar question whether Indra’s remake will go on floors anytime soon or was all this just a publicity stunt. Indra starring Chiranjeevi, Sonali Bendre and Aarti Agarwal was one of the biggest hits in Telugu cinema and it still remains one of the best films ever made on Rayalaseema Factionism.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thaman begins work on Keerthy Suresh’s next
- Big change in Suriya’s next project?
- So many remakes in Tollywood-Are there no original stories?
- Young director slashes remuneration by 40 percent
- Noted producer to launch his son soon
- Ram Charan to storm the OTT platform soon?