B Ashok Kumar, co-producer of several actor-director Sasikumar’s films, passed away on November 21 in Chennai after committing suicide. Initial reports suggest that he was under severe stress due to never-ending harassment from a financier. Despite paying hefty amount as interest on a regular basis, in a letter, Ashok alleged that he was being tortured by the financier.
His suicide has left Kollywood in a deep state of shock, and several actors, producers and directors offered their condolences to his family and Sasikumar. Moreover, Vishal, who’s the President of Tamil film Producer’s Council, urged the industry to come together to come up with a plan of action so that no one ever takes such a drastic step.
Gautham Menon too spoke about Ashok Kumar’s suicide and said that he’ll continue to fight the fight against shady financiers.
Articles that might interest you:
- After Vijay, Nayanthara to romance this star hero?
- Suresh Babu reveals interesting details about Venky Mama
- NTR to team up with this star director once again?
- Poll : Should Mahesh do a pan-India film and make his Bollywood debut?
- Sitara reveals daddy Mahesh’s first reaction on her voice-over stint
- No takers for RGV’s KRKR sequel