When Sonu Sood first bought the rights to make a biopic on the life of PV Sindhu, ace badminton player, there was a lot of speculation about who’s going to play the role. And more than seven months later, the team is still looking for an actress to play Sindhu onscreen.
Speaking about the project, Sonu Sood said, “I feel sports biopics are the need of the hour and Sindhu is someone who brought badminton into focus. I found her story very interesting. A simple girl going on to bring laurels to the country; I think that’s a phenomenal thing. We have locked the script and will start approaching actors now.”
When asked if he is keen on casting any A-list actress from Bollywood, Sonu replied, “I would love it if Deepika Padukone plays the role. She has a badminton background, so we won’t have to work much on that. Or maybe a new girl who is also a badminton player.” Now, it remains to be seen who’s going to bag this role in the end.
Articles that might interest you:
- Don’t compare Baahubali with Saaho-Sujeeth
- Megastar Chiranjeevi impressed with young musician
- For now, Harish Shankar clears all doubts
- Sad-This actress has no films in her career
- Kiara Advani to act in yet another web film
- Disha Patani breaks up with boyfriend?