Rajanna’s success caps off a pretty good year for the Telugu Film Industry. There were not too many hits in the first half of the year, but the second half saw some solid offerings from our top heroes. Almost all the major heroes tasted success.
Nandamuri Balakrishna’s ‘Sri Rama Rajyam’ entered the annals of Telugu Film History as an iconic movie. Nagarjuna has Rajanna to his credit. Prince Mahesh Babu took the industry by storm with his ‘Dookudu’. The movie turned out to be the biggest hit in his career. Young Tiger NTR’s ‘Oosaravelli’ turned into a safe investment for the producers despite some mixed talk. He won a lot of acclaim for his performance in the movie.
Young heroes Ram and Nara Rohit scored some decent success with ‘Kandireega’ and ‘Solo’ respectively. Power Star Pawan Kalyan won himself a lot of admirers for his stylish and mature portrayal in Panjaa. Allu Arjun tasted commercial success with his movie ‘Badrinath’.
All in all, a pretty good year for our industry. Good films were made this year. Let us see what 2012 has in store for us.
- Mahesh to invite Rajini and Akshay to his multiplex?
- Young actress to play yesteryear heroine in NTR biopic
- Kaala, Kabali director Pa Ranjith to debut in Bollywood
- Yesteryear heroine’s daughter in Amar Akbar Anthony
- Simbu urges fans to not get emotional about his film’s release