More than 18 years have passed since the legendary actor and filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s dream project Marudhanayagam was launched and shelved soon after a crucial schedule. Kamal could not pool in the required budget to restart the film ever since.
Even occasional reports which said that Kamal will revive his multicrore dream project someday soon ended up as mere rumors over the past few years. But now, latest buzz is that Lyca Productions, the producers of Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer 2.0, have evinced interest in backing the film financially.
In his latest interview, Kamal revealed that Subaskaran, Chairman of Lyca Group, told him, “If you just make a phone call and say ‘Yes’, we can start Marudhanayagam anytime”.
However, Kamal is in no mood to hurry up the proceedings. The Universal Star further said, “But, the massive logistics involved in the film as far as the pre-production work is concerned is quite exhaustive. Just because Subaskaran is willing to produce the film doesn’t mean I can play around with his funds without proper planning and execution.”
- Sudheer Babu is proud of Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu