Rakul Preet had pinned hopes on her upcoming Hindi film, Aiyaary, and for the past few weeks, she has been touring all over India to talk about the film. Directed by Neeraj Pandey, the film also stars Siddharth Malhotra and Manoj Bajpayee in lead roles, and it is said to be based on a true story.
The film ran into trouble when the Censor Board denied a certificate and when the film went sent to a revising committee, it hit another major roadblock when officials from Defense Ministry got involved. Since the film is set in the backdrop of covert missions undertaken by the army, the defense ministry is said to have asked Neeraj Pandey to make some modifications. At this moment, it’s not yet clear what changes have been suggested.
With the film slated for release on February 9, it remains to be seen if Neeraj Pandey and his team manage to meet the deadline or if it’ll be postponed again. Incidentally, Aiyaary is the second such high profile Hindi film to have faced such a hurdle after Padmavat met a similar fate in December.
Articles that might interest you:
- Balakrishna gearing up for action-packed Akhanda schedule
- Budget for Dhanush-Shekhar Kammula film revealed?
- Chiranjeevi praises YS Jagan for record-breaking vaccination drive
- Aadi Sai Kumar’s next gets an interesting title
- Poll : Which of these recent Telugu films should be remade in Hindi?
- Suresh Production in big plans for the current future