After the exit of acclaimed Bollywood filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, Tollywood star Rana Daggubati has joined the prestigious Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image (MAMI) film festival as its board member. Rana will be curating and presenting the best of cinema made in the southern film industry.
“Be it Malayalam cinema, Telugu cinema or Tamil cinema, some of the best independent films are made in these languages and it will be my focus to make such work be noticed on a national platform,” Rana said. This year, the 20th edition of the Jio MAMI film festival kick-started yesterday and will continue till November 1.
Articles that might interest you:
- Much-awaited trailer for Mani Ratnam’s Navarasa out in a few hours
- Aadavaallu Meeku Johaarlu shoot diaries – Rashmika looks gorgeous
- Confident that audiences will patronize Ishq: Dil Raju
- RRR’s music rights acquired by T-Series and Lahari Music
- Thaman shows his excitement while composing for Chiru’s next
- Tamannah credits her success to southern cinema