After the exit of acclaimed Bollywood filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, Tollywood star Rana Daggubati has joined the prestigious Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image (MAMI) film festival as its board member. Rana will be curating and presenting the best of cinema made in the southern film industry.
“Be it Malayalam cinema, Telugu cinema or Tamil cinema, some of the best independent films are made in these languages and it will be my focus to make such work be noticed on a national platform,” Rana said. This year, the 20th edition of the Jio MAMI film festival kick-started yesterday and will continue till November 1.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan has forgotten that he’s the leader of a party: Prakash Raj
- Madhavan in talks for this crazy biopic?
- Bold beauty to sign more projects in the digital world?
- Noted Bollywood actor to debut into the web world
- Ajith’s Valimai to release during this time
- Catchy title for Nandu’s next