Rana Daggubati is a happy man. Two of his most acclaimed films – Ghazi and Baahubali The Conclusion – have won awards at the 65th National Film Awards today. In a media interaction this morning, Rana expressed happiness on the double honors.
Rana sounded quite optimistic about presenting more innovative and content oriented movies like Ghazi, thanks to the National Award. “An award is a great sense of merit, especially the national award. For Ghazi why it was important because it has made way to do more cinema like this. Initially, when we started there was a kind of resistance in terms of the content required and the kind of film it was. Well, now I can very happily and successfully put together a lot of films now,” said Rana, talking to a media house.
Rana is soon going to present a low-budget indie film, C/O Kancharapalem, which is doing the rounds at international film festivals. He is also busy working on Haathi Mere Saathi and 1945.
Articles that might interest you:
- Team Writer Padmabhushan comes up with a sweet surprise
- Official: Samantha’s Shaakuntalam postponed indefinitely
- Venue locked for Kiran Abbavaram’s VBVK trailer launch
- Official: Vishwaksen’s Dhamki postponed indefinitely
- Kantara’s English version to be premiered on this date
- Interesting update on star hero’s long-delayed movie