Tanya Hope, who’ll soon be seen alongside Ravi Teja in Disco Raja, has been signed up to play the lead role in Vicky Donor’s Tamil remake. Titled as Dharala Prabhu, the film has Harish Kalyan playing the lead role, and it’s going to be directed by Krishna Marimuthu, who had helmed Naga Chaitanya’s Yuddham Sharanam in the past.
The entire film is going to be shot in Chennai, and Tanya Hope is going to join the sets soon. In the past, she had acted in Ram’s Nenu Sailaja, who she appeared in a song, and later, she was part of films like Patel S.I.R and Paper Boy. However, it’s her Tamil film, Thadam which went on to become a huge hit and gave the actress a much needed break. Later, she made her mark in Kannada cinema as well with couple of big projects. With films like Disco Raja and Dharala Prabhu, the young actress from Bangalore is betting big on the offers coming her way and get noticed.
Incidentally, Vicky Donor was also remade in Telugu as Naruda Donaruda with Sumanth in the lead role; however, it didn’t quite revive the magic of the original version. It remains to be seen how the Tamil version fares.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shruti Haasan to join Vakeel Saab’s sets soon
- Acharya- Ram Charan to shoot ahead of this dad
- Lack of bankable heroines bothering Tollywood makers
- Poll : NTR or Prabhas. Whom should Prashanth Neel of KGF fame direct first?
- Poll : KKR VS MI- Who will win today’s IPL Match?
- NCB summons Deepika Padukone, Rakul Preet, Shraddha and Sara