The producers of Prabhas’s ‘Rebel’ – J Bhagawan and J Pulla Rao, have filed a case against director Lawrence in the Producers Council over the budget of the film. The producers filed a complaint stating that Lawrence intentionally overspent on the movie and took the budget from the original 22.5 Crores to more than 40 Crores.
The complaint stated that needless expenditure was sanctioned for the movie and that Lawrence did not live upto his original promise of delivering the movie at 22.5 Crores. Lawrence on his part filed a counter complaint against the producers, stating that they sold the dubbing rights of the movie to third parties without informing him as was promised.
Now that the movie is released, not much will come out of the case, say many industry people.
- Impressive-F2 crosses the 20 crore mark in AP/TG
- Will Mr. Mjanu give the needed push to Nidhi’s career
- Trisha becomes a hot cake in Tamil
- Mahesh-Sukumar film genre locked
- Sankranthi releases’ latest Krishna collections